Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mac Forest 15k Corvallis Oregon

I made my first trip to Corvallis for the Mac Forest 15k with the Footzone crew. Well, I didn't travel over with them but met up with them at the race. I had heard how tough this course was from the Footzone crew and was bracing myself for some "hill" and mud. The mud did not happen since it was not raining and had not rained for a few days prior. The course was in great condition but I was not. I did not feel bad and I was 2 weeks removed from my Dirty 2nd Half so I had some miles in. What I was not ready for was the "hill". The "hill" was all they had said it was and some more. I have never been strong at hills and this "hill" was way more than my body can handle. I don't have to typically walk in a 15k but on this "hill", I did! Simply put, it was a big steep hill that seemed to go on forever. Sure, what goes up must come down, which we did but only to go back up so that we could go down again and then up toward the finish. Not a great race or time, My average mile pace was slower than my Dirty 2nd half even the Mac Forest was 4 miles shorter, but I had fun and going out for Pizza and Beer afterward is never a bad thing. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment